Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Holy Crap...my sister

So most of you probably don't know much about my childhood. Well, my dad cheated on my mom (which I didn't know until I was grown) and pretty much never paid much attention to us kids at all (me and two brothers). He would pick us up once a year for Christmas to buy us whatever we wanted, but never paid my mom child support after they divorced when I was 9. My brothers were a little closer and my oldest brother still sees him but I have not seen him or spoken to him since my brother's wedding in 1988. He said to me that day "maybe when I die, you'll come to my funeral"....wtf? I was a child. You never made an effort to see me but when I was an adult I was supposed to? My mom gave us a wonderful childhood even though we never had much money. Then she married a neighbor I had known my whole life and I had (still have) the most wonderful stepfather on the earth, along with 2 cool step brothers that I had grown up with. Anyway, my dad met this other woman and started living with her. She was pretty nice to us...I always liked her. She had a baby 20 years ago. I saw my sister a few times when she was a baby then I moved away to college and have not seen any of them since. My grandmother kept me up to date with her life a little bit and I would see pics of her in the paper or from my grandmother. So I was cruising the high school grads a while ago and who should I find but my sister! I just sent her a message. I had always planned on getting in touch with her when she left home. I can't believe it has finally happened. I'm pretty nervous but also very excited to see what kind of person she has become.

9 Comments:

Blogger dayoldfish said...

that is totally cool! I am excited for you.

6:20 PM  
Blogger -tunnel said...

wow! Very cool!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Wow...that is unbercool....Keep us all informed:)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

That's cool. You must be so excited!

9:47 PM  
Blogger brownie said...

If it doesn't work out, you can have my sister. She's retarded.

9:51 PM  
Blogger BH said...

What a great opportunity to reconnect!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Asian Princess said...

That is awesome! Don't be nervous. It will be fun.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Pittchick said...

Brownie- such the caring big brother...

2:01 PM  
Blogger Rafael said...

You rock brownie

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home