Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Beer & Cameras DON'T MIX!! ARRGGGG!

So I have had my wonderful Canon Powershot Digital Camera for less than a year and now it won't work. How could that happen you might ask? Apparently they don't like being submerged in your cup of beer while you are drunk. Don't know how it got there or how long it stayed. I guess I drank too much too early (then I find out people were sneaking Jager shots into my mouth) and in the course of talking to other hashers, somehow the hand that had my camera hanging on it happened to be directly above the hand with the beer cup in it. Thus, submersion. Can't believe I didn't notice. I remember seeing it and thinking "shit!" as I raised it and liquid dripped into my cup from the camera. (hey, i didn't waste the beer!). So after a conversation with a cute Canon rep (nah, I dunno what he looked like but he sounded cute so he was probably NOT), here are my choices. Send it in and if they can fix it, it will cost me $89 plus $8 shipping. OR I can exchange it for a refurbished one for $99 plus $10 shipping. Or I can scrap it and get a new camera (original value was $195). OR I can open it up myself and look around. What to do? I know I'm not the only one who has damaged something whilst drinking.

OH, and I got my ball!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jerri said...

Hee hee. I did that once to my phone; I remember thinking I was just going to place it in my mug so it wouldn't get lost in the frenzy... only there was still beer in it. That's what I get for trying to pace Tuck It.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

at least it's better than busting the LCD screen on a camera you've had less than a month...

I should def look into getting it fixed someday

10:35 PM  
Blogger RTBW said...

olympus waterproof cameras - virtually hashproof

3:55 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

What did you decide to do?

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home