Wednesday, September 27, 2006

HOMEWORK for Hashtoberfest

So I got my Happy Schnapps Combo cds today...woo hoo!! They rock! (Brownie, I'll send you copies next week)....sooo.....

Here's a little something for you Hashtoberfesters to do - memorize the following lyrics. If you have not participated in this fun song drink along, here's how it goes. You stand in a circle with a bottle of schnapps, sing a verse, then shout PLEASE PASS THE SCHNAPPS!! Then everyone takes a swig out of the bottle. Here's the trick - the bottle has to be back at the beginning before the chorus ends. Sometimes you need to use 2 bottles. So I'll bring the schnapps!!

Please Pass The Schnapps

written by J.Krueger-sung by OTTO

When I was just a little boy my mudder said to me
Always mind your manners when you're out wit company
So when I'm feeling tirsty at my favorite drinking spot
I smile and I kindly shout-PLEASE PASS THE SCHNAPPS!

I went to a fancy restaurant de udder day
I ordered lots of stuff I did not know but what da hey
Da waiter brought expensive wine, he said da best dey got
I said no thank you waiter, would you-PLEASE PASS THE SCHNAPPS!

I went to a football game, da Packers and da Bears
I got so bombed I did not know da score or even care
I threw up on a Bears fan, he said he'd call da cops
I said that's fine but all in time now-PLEASE PASS THE SCHNAPPS!

PLEASE PASS THE SCHNAPPS!…HEY!!

14 Comments:

Blogger PlaysByEar said...

RAISE IT!!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I am working hard to memorize it. Hopefully I can pull it off.

You should come to Houston on Thursday night so we can sing "Fernando" and "Islands in the Stream" together.

Oh yeah, it's gonna be that gay!

Can you hear the drums Spotty?

6:31 AM  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

Oy Vey! PLEASE PASS THE SCHNAPPS...

11:25 AM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Islands in the stream....can i be kenny rogers??? wwooooo hhhoooo!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Oh no...I wanna sing "Crusin"

2:55 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

I mean "Cruisin'"

2:55 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

As in "on a Sunday afternoon..."?

3:57 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Nah, as in "I love it when we're cruisin together"....Huey Lewis N Gwenyth Paltrow. I sang SOS last night!!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

What about "Barbie Girl?" That is a great karoake song....

6:29 PM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Net - you are thinking of "Groovin'"

though I think groovin' and cruisin' probably mean the same thing in this situation.

Barbie Girl? Where did that come from?

7:18 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks Ear. You're right, I was confused. I get all my mexican cholo gang banger lowrider songs confused with cheesy 80's duets.

Hey Spotty, how about "I had the time of my life."

You know you want to...

8:15 PM  
Blogger Smut Mutt said...

Is the tune "Get F*cked"? Seriously, that's another hash jingle and the lyrics seem to fit in the tune.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

I'm planning on coming Thurs. Sounds like we're gonna be on stage all night! Dang I love that Dirty Dancin - "nobody puts baby in a corner". Oh and we should add "summer lovin" to the list.

9:40 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

I have the dirty dancing sound track

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home