Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Hard work and relaxation

So as some of you may know, one of the four Brenham hashers, Rollin Nutless has purchased the house next to his. Attached to the back of the house is a full deck that was surrounded by a 24 ft above ground pool. He has given me "the pool". The pool is mine to take care of. After much inspection and tearing apart, it was obvious that the whole thing needed to be replaced. You can get a brand new pool for under $700 if you have a senior citizen as a parent in Brenham at Sutherland's...woo hoo! Before the pool could be put in, the deck had to be cleaned - pressure washed and the ground had to be leveled. Wow, physical labor is hard! Now the deck is being treated to preserve it and the pool will be ready to put together by tomorrow. Hopefully this weekend I will have a water sanctuary for my sunning and drinking. Here's an open invitation to all who wanna get away and lounge with me. anytime, just let me know. By the way, the house is empty so there is tons of crash space. It needs to be cleaned up a bit and furniture will be added here and there. He plans to have a bar area and a changing area for after the pool. I'm working on talking him into the "karaoke lounge". I'll post pics soon.

I had thought about coming to Austin for the weekend but there's too much to do here. If I don't post again before Monday, happy Memorial Weekend! Spotty loves ya!

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Man...i love it when people give me pools...you lucky girl. It's time for me to visit you ...i think:)

9:54 PM  
Blogger Gagger said...

Can't wait to chill with ya poolside!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

roadtrip.....

12:39 PM  
Blogger K said...

I read your most recent post, too. Any chance you can make the pool pink? Looks so good against a belly tan.

1:01 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

yes road trip

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home