Friday, February 17, 2006

Because of Chief Wounded Wiener, I learned something today

So do you ever think you know something, then find out you never knew it? I was posting a link to Chief Wounded Wiener's blog and when it didn't work, I checked the spelling. "Wiener" is spelled with an ie not an ei. Being the grammar snob that I am, I looked it up (I know, your thinking "how do you find the word wiener?" on the internet of course - oscarmeyer.com). sure enough, ie is correct. It just looks wrong. So something I thought I knew for sure, I never really ever knew. And I didn't even know that I didn't know. Happy Friday.

14 Comments:

Blogger Denial Queen said...

How funny! my hasher friend in Spain : Rat Without a Snatch always spells the word weird : "wierd"..most be a British spelling...lol

2:13 PM  
Blogger Denial Queen said...

btw- check out FuGaWi on my blog.....mmmmm

2:13 PM  
Blogger babyG said...

I have no clue...lol I can not spell !

4:30 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

All because of a Wiener

4:41 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

so I can spell!! Just not foreign languages...I feel so much better! Thanks, baby! when's our next trip? where will you be during Invihash? Ya going?

6:27 PM  
Blogger BrianLaesch.com said...

haha, thanks. I like your stuff too. I'm glad my blog came up when you searched "drunk" haha.

7:03 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

spelling dork

7:18 PM  
Blogger Spotty said...

Drunk..you should so become a hasher if you like to drink. Man we have some great times.

9:55 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Uh, ever try that whole "I before E except after C, or as in eigh as in neighbor and weigh?"

Just a thought.....

:-)

11:52 PM  
Blogger dayoldfish said...

damn Charly Brown and Snoopy for getting that damn ie before e song stuck in my head.

9:45 AM  
Blogger PlaysByEar said...

Charlie Brown and Snoopy are comic strip characters, not hashers, DBD. He's referring to a song in one of their TV specials.

6:11 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Yep I just recently found out how to spell Soeul. I mean Seoul.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Pimp Doggie Dawg said...

email me, i have a skit idea

huchton@ev1.net

4:00 AM  
Blogger Rafael said...

“i” before “e” except after “c” and when sounding like “eigh” as in “neighbor” and “weigh” and on weekends and holidays and all through out may and you’ll never get it right, no matter what you say!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home